Link to live meeting: https://youtu.be/06WGosEwLK0 **
This public meeting will be held in-person at New Song Community Center.
- You may view the meeting, which includes closed captioning, through the link above.
- In-person public access to the meeting is available at New Song Community Center, 220 NE Russell St., Portland, OR 97212.
1. Welcome/introduction: Welcoming remarks from Commissioner Dan Ryan, chair of PCL Allocation Committee. Everyone will introduce themselves by sharing their names, pronouns, and what they are looking forward to on the community council. (10:00-10:30)
2. Dinamica activity: “Finding Common Bonds” This is a “get to know you” movement-build activity to learn about each other in an engaging way. (10:30-10:45)
3. Group agreements: Participants will work in pairs and in large group format to brainstorm and discuss group agreements for the Council. Action: Council members will discuss and collaboratively decide on their group agreements. (10:45-11:00) **
BREAK and group photo (11:00-11:10) **
4. PCL 101 : Council members will work together in 3 small groups to learn more about PCL’s structure, results, and the role of Community Council in PCL’s future funding process. Using the cooperative learning method, each group will teach each other what they have learned. (11:10-11:50) **
5. Community Council bylaws: PCL staff will introduce Council by-laws in preparation for by-laws discussion at Council’s next meeting. (11:50-11:55)
6. Reflection: Participants complete feedback forms and reflect on the Council’s first convening, (11:55-12:00)
**Since this is the first meeting of PCL’s Community Council, the agenda does not include time for public testimony. During future meetings, the Council will offer opportunities for public comment/testimony. While this meeting is livestreamed, you will hear meeting audio and see closed captioning during all large group activities. For small group/pair activities, the meeting livestream will not have audio or show captioning.
Learn more about attending online meetings and providing public testimony.
The City of Portland ensures meaningful access to City programs, services, and activities to comply with Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II laws and reasonably provides: translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, alternative formats, auxiliary aids and services. Request these services online or call 503-823-4000, Relay Service: 711.
503-823-4000 Traducción e Interpretación | Biên Dịch và Thông Dịch | 口笔译服务 | Устный и письменный перевод | Turjumaad iyo Fasiraad | Письмовий і усний переклад | Traducere și interpretariat | Chiaku me Awewen Kapas | अनुवादन तथा व्याख्या