UPDATE: All sponsorships available in December 2023 have been awarded.
The Portland Children’s Levy will sponsor events from nonprofits serving children and families within the City of Portland related to Levy program areas: early childhood, after school, mentoring, child abuse prevention and intervention, foster care and hunger relief.
PCL will award 20 sponsorships of $500 in the 2023-24 fiscal year to nonprofit organizations that are not current recipients of large or small grants. Ten sponsorships were awarded in July 2023 for events through the end of the calendar year. Another ten sponsorships were awarded in December 2023 for events scheduled from Jan. 1 through June 30, 2024. (All sponsorships available have been awarded.)
Sponsorships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to qualifying organizations and are often distributed within a few hours of the opening time.
Please review the following requirements before requesting a sponsorship:
- Organizations or their fiscal sponsors must be a tax-exempt nonprofit.
- Organizations must be a registered nonprofit with the Oregon Secretary of State.
- Organizations must not be current PCL large or small grant recipients.
- Organizations must serve City of Portland youth and families, and sponsored events must relate to a PCL program area: early childhood, after school, mentoring, child abuse prevention and intervention, foster care and hunger relief.
- Organizations will use the PCL name/logo to promote PCL in electronic and/or print event material, collateral and notices.
- PCL funding shall not go toward any alcoholic beverages.
- Organizations must not discriminate based on race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
- Organizations must not benefit or promote any political ideology or religious doctrine.
- PCL sponsorships shall not exceed $500 per event.
- An organization may only receive one sponsorship every 12 months.
- PCL reserves the final right to accept or reject any request.
While not required, the Levy requests:
- Photos of the sponsored event for use in Levy social media posts.
- Tag or mention PCL at least once when posting event information on social media.
To request a sponsorship:
- Submit request electronically on organization letterhead. The name and address on letterhead must be the same as the one on your organization W-9 and City of Portland ACH vendor form, which you will need to submit if awarded a sponsorship. If you are not a current vendor with the city and are selected for a sponsorship, you will need to submit additional paperwork, including your organization's most recent W-9 and an ACH vendor form, which the Levy will supply.
- In your request, include the $500 dollar amount, along with the time, date, location, and purpose of the event, and specifics on what the sponsorship will be used to support.
- Include details regarding how you will use the PCL name/logo.
Event sponsorship requests will be accepted starting 9 a.m. Tue., Dec. 5, 2023 for events Jan. 1 through June 30, 2024. Please submit requests or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org