The Children's Levy is committed to accountability
- Programs funded must be cost effective and have a proven record of success.
- Investees report on their programs' progress on a semi-annual basis.
- Investees also report on the demographics of clients served on a biannual basis.
- The Children's Levy staff perform site visits to ensure that the provider is adhering to the contract terms.
- The Children's Levy is subject to annual audits and its administrative costs cannot exceed 5 percent. Ninety-five percent of funding is invested in children's programs throughout the city of Portland.
- All funding decisions are made publicly by a five-member Allocation Committee.
- The Children's Levy Allocation Committee meetings are open to the public and agendas are posted on the website.
- Click here for a breakdown of programs and funding amounts.