**PCL has been collecting input on priorities for the next funding round over the past 4 mos. Public input phase included a survey, public meetings, and stakeholder group meetings. Read report (PDF)
**Drawing on public input, local data and research, staff has crafted proposed strategic directions for each PCL program area. Read report (PDF).
**With the May 21st, 2013 PCL renewal, the new funding round will begin next year (new monies flow beginning July 1, 2014, as this is the last year of the current five-year Levy which goes through June 30, 2014.)
Timeline for Funding Process
· June – September 2013: Gather public input on division of Levy resources into funding areas, needs/gaps, equity, design of funding process.
· August – September 2013 (assuming Committee decides to proceed with development of framework): Gather public input on proposed goals for Levy overall, and for program areas.
· October 2013: Analyze public input and report findings to Allocation Committee.
· October – November 2013: Integrate community input, research and past Levy performance to create recommendations to Allocation Committee for funding strategies associated with goals.
· October – November 2013: Review funding process design and summary of public input on process design; consider any proposed modifications.
· November – December 2013: Finalize policy priorities and design of application process, including review of draft Requests for Investment (funding application).
· January 2014: Publish Requests for Investment.
· March – Mid-May 2014: Review and staff analysis of funding requests.
· Mid-May – Mid-June 2014: Funding decisions.
· July 2014: Grants begin.
**Compare/contrast other children's levies: Seattle, San Fran, Oakland
**Report: Portrait of Portland's Children Overview of local data (PDF here)
Feel free to check back periodically for updates on our funding scenario or email firstname.lastname@example.org